NORTH CAROLINA'S FINEST VETERANS GROUP
"VETERANS WHO CARE ENOUGH"
Brief Information Report Made Here, Official Minutes were taken by Secretary Windy Hagerty.
09:00 Commander Winslow opened meeting with proper decorum and protocol. Reports from Secretary and Treasurer were made and approved by Members.
Two New Members Introduced and Welcomed
STEPHEN J. HARRIS USN
James R. Owens - US Army
Commander made suggestion that By-Laws be changed in regard to amount spent without membership vote to be raised to $150.oo. Motion, 2nd made and approved.
Commander with Advisory Board recommendations made suggestion that we once again re-align with N.C. National Guard as due to the volume of missions (having 7 - 9) some days. Motions made, seconded and approved by Members. Will be coordinated by Joe Thomas.
Suggestion made to have Summer Picnic location be in the "Rancho Restaurant" in Archdale. Last two years we have had to pay excessive amount of funds for members signed up and didn't show. We had to pay for the number of meals given to caterer. Big advantage (beside ordering off menu is that we only pay for those present) and food is great. Vote taken and approved, Joe will coordinate as Vern had named this location as his office, he eats there so much. Good job Joe...
Motion was made to purchase needed Recruiting Equip- ment (Large Screen T.V. and Small Generator with estimated price of $1,000. Motion tabled until March Meeting.
Problems has been experienced with the M-1 Operating Rods as most have been in use since inception & purchase of weapons. Jim has purchased sever at a great price and will be reimbursed.
A donation in the amount of the Asheboro Rotary Club donated $1,000.00 for the continued support of our fallen comrades. Thank you card will be sent.
Joe gave reports on missions performed this year at 167 against 147 this time last year.
Motion was made to end meeting and attend the missions for today.
Always good to see Great to see Past
this many Members Commander Mitch back
Present with us for the meeting.
The Ladies Auxiliary held elections for officers
the newly staff elected:
President........ Connie Barton
Sectary ........... Darlene Cox
Publicity.......... Brenda Siert
Treasurer........ Jo Young & Mary Sampson
Publicity......... Nancy Thomas
A FIRST- Ladies Aux. for the Honor Guard established with seven spouses stepping forward to initiate the group. Will be assisting us in many areas (as Ladies always do). Vote was taken to fund their start up, purchase H.G. Golf Shirts, etc. with full approval of members present. All wives are invited to come and join so contact Commander Barton.
11) No farther business, meeting closed and details headed to funeral sites.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
MEMORIAL DAY 2017
Our Honor Guard Detail at High Point, N.C. Which Was a Lengthy Event
Terry Brown - Commanding at High Point
ONE OF THE MANY (5) FUNERALS
ON MEMORIAL DAY AT PLEASANT GARDEN
Darrel Hunter - Commanding at Pleasant Garden
ONE OF THE MANY (5) FUNERALS
ON MEMORIAL DAY AT ASHEBORO
Darrel Hunter - Commanding at Asheboro
AN ALL-AMERICAN PATRIOTIC CITY ANNUAL APPRECIATION OF FALLEN VETERANS - ASHEBORO, N.C.
Each Year on Memorial Day, the Veteran Council of Asheboro gathers to read each fallen Veterans name aloud prior to "burning" in a Military Helmet which constitutes honor and recognition to those who have fallen. Their names will be added to the granite memorial of those fallen. The Honor Guarde continues to play a major role in this event annually, complete with Military Honors.
Who but Veterans Would Honor our Fallen Brothers & Sisters?
THE FINAL EVENT HONOR - BY OUR GROUP
1) Commander thanked all for number of funerals accomplished and the Special Mission to Currituck for honoring given to Sergeant Gregory Hedrick, U.S. Army (Medically Retired) for wounds received in Afghanistan. The Gary Senise Foundation
had presented a "Smart Home" to he and his family.
2) Much discussion was given on funeral attendance by individual members and all are reminded of their commitment to do at least three (3) missions a monthly. A motion was made to contact those who are not honoring their commitment.
3) Member Jim Geeson volunteered and was elected to head a Membership Committee specifically for new members. A number of members volunteered to serve with him.
4) Coordinator Joe Thomas gave a report on number of funerals year to date versus last years which was 264 (Last) & 258 (This) however they seem to "bunch up" per day this year. Many have seen 4 or more.
5) Many details (non-funerals) are coming up shortly and we request you commit when notified.
6) Meeting adjourned with our thanks those in attendance.
Don't be a Mushroom- Attend Meetings - Keep Informed!
GET THE STRAIGHT SCOOP - NOT SCUTTLEBUTT
ATTEND MONTHLY MEETINGS!
LETS NOT FORGET OUR BROTHERS IN ARM'S IN OUR NIGHTLY PRAYERS!
PLEASE SHARE OUR GOOD NEWS AND NEEDS TO OTHER VETERANS AS YOU COME INTO CONTACT. ASK THEM TO VIEW THE WEB-SITE TO GIVE THEM A PICTURE OF WHAT WE ARE PROUD TO DO FOR VETERANS AND SIGN THEM UP!