NORTH CAROLINA'S FINEST VETERANS GROUP
"VETERANS WHO CARE ENOUGH"
BOARD OF ELECTED OFFICERS
1. Meeting was opened by Commander Barton with proper decorum with all Elected Officers Present.
2. One New Member Present and welcomed by the Membership as he prepared for his first funeral.
3. Wayne Cox retired and was relocating to Arkansas to be near family. A major contributor to the guard due to his many contributions and duties as our Chief Training Officer. Four new Trainers were named.
4. Year to Date Funerals are 454 with 16 over from same time last year. Five (5) funerals today.
5. Report on Wrecked Van (Lady hit it) which is being totaled and we are attempting to regain some of the value towards purchasing of new one.
6. Richard Petty's Veterans Open House was a big hit with our group posting colors and signing one new member. A great & appreciative American.
. Christmas Party date was given as Dec 15th at 6:00 PM at the same location of the fall picnic. Headcount will be taken later.
8. Committee appointed to review and recommend changes of the by-laws. Recommendations will be made to the membership at a future meeting to approve.
9. Bracelets Income - much discussion as this has been a good fund raiser and Darrel Hunter has done us a great job in bringing this forward. Several opportunities have recently "brought home the bacon" and with the fall festivals coming up, we assume they will still be a major source of fund raising.
10 A FIRST- Ladies Aux. for the Honor Guard established with seven spouses stepping forward to initiate the group. Will be assisting us in many areas (as Ladies always do). Vote was taken to fund their start up, purchase H.G. Golf Shirts, etc. with full approval of members present. All wives are invited to come and join so contact Commander Barton.
11) No farther business, meeting closed and details headed to funeral sites.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
MEMORIAL DAY 2017
Our Honor Guard Detail at High Point, N.C. Which Was a Lengthy Event
Terry Brown - Commanding at High Point
ONE OF THE MANY (5) FUNERALS
ON MEMORIAL DAY AT PLEASANT GARDEN
Darrel Hunter - Commanding at Pleasant Garden
ONE OF THE MANY (5) FUNERALS
ON MEMORIAL DAY AT ASHEBORO
Darrel Hunter - Commanding at Asheboro
AN ALL-AMERICAN PATRIOTIC CITY ANNUAL APPRECIATION OF FALLEN VETERANS - ASHEBORO, N.C.
Each Year on Memorial Day, the Veteran Council of Asheboro gathers to read each fallen Veterans name aloud prior to "burning" in a Military Helmet which constitutes honor and recognition to those who have fallen. Their names will be added to the granite memorial of those fallen. The Honor Guarde continues to play a major role in this event annually, complete with Military Honors.
Who but Veterans Would Honor our Fallen Brothers & Sisters?
THE FINAL EVENT HONOR - BY OUR GROUP
1) Commander thanked all for number of funerals accomplished and the Special Mission to Currituck for honoring given to Sergeant Gregory Hedrick, U.S. Army (Medically Retired) for wounds received in Afghanistan. The Gary Senise Foundation
had presented a "Smart Home" to he and his family.
2) Much discussion was given on funeral attendance by individual members and all are reminded of their commitment to do at least three (3) missions a monthly. A motion was made to contact those who are not honoring their commitment.
3) Member Jim Geeson volunteered and was elected to head a Membership Committee specifically for new members. A number of members volunteered to serve with him.
4) Coordinator Joe Thomas gave a report on number of funerals year to date versus last years which was 264 (Last) & 258 (This) however they seem to "bunch up" per day this year. Many have seen 4 or more.
5) Many details (non-funerals) are coming up shortly and we request you commit when notified.
6) Meeting adjourned with our thanks those in attendance.
Don't be a Mushroom- Attend Meetings - Keep Informed!
GET THE STRAIGHT SCOOP - NOT SCUTTLEBUTT
ATTEND MONTHLY MEETINGS!
LETS NOT FORGET OUR BROTHERS IN ARM'S IN OUR NIGHTLY PRAYERS!
PLEASE SHARE OUR GOOD NEWS AND NEEDS TO OTHER VETERANS AS YOU COME INTO CONTACT. ASK THEM TO VIEW THE WEB-SITE TO GIVE THEM A PICTURE OF WHAT WE ARE PROUD TO DO FOR VETERANS AND SIGN THEM UP!